EVERYDAY OILS COLLECTION
Young Living put these 10 oils together so you can do just about everything with this one collection. Our families use the oils in this kit EVERY DAY to support our health!
Often called the “Swiss Army knife” of oils, lavender is one of history’s most celebrated and versatile essential oils. Lavender is adaptogenic, therefore it can support the body when adapting to stress and bring harmony to the body. It is a great aid for relaxing and winding down before bedtime, yet has balancing properties that can also boost stamina and energy. Young Living's therapeutic-grade lavender is highly regarded for skin and beauty. It may be used to soothe and relax.
The many plant constituents in lavender essential oil contribute to its vast range of uses. Today, we use lavender to unwind and relax before bed, calm and comfort children or adults, soothe skin, eliminate odors, and to reduce situational stress. Who doesn't want a little extra peace and harmony in their life?!
Lavender is one of the safest essential oils and can be applied undiluted to the skin for most people. The benefits of lavender are limitless, and modern research will continue to yield new and exciting uses for this amazing plant. When in doubt, use lavender!
It takes 170-250 lbs. of lavender plant material to make just 1 lb of lavender oil.
- Supports normal body functions
- Supports normal sleep
- Add to a bath or your pillow or feet to relax
- Soothes and relaxes the mind and body
- Great to add to favorite non-toxic lotion or shampoo
- Eases bodily tension and stress
Quick video of founder and CEO Gary Young harvesting lavender at the Young Living farm in France!
Young Living peppermint oil is so potent and pure that ONE DROP delivers the effectiveness of 26 cups of pure peppermint tea.
Peppermint has a strong, clean, fresh, minty aroma. One of the oldest and most highly regarded herbs for soothing digestion, it may also restore digestive functions.
Dr. Jean Valnet studied peppermint's supportive effect on the liver and respiratory systems. Other scientists have also researched peppermint's role in improving taste and smell when inhaled. Dr. William N. Dember of the University of Cincinnati studied peppermint's ability to improve concentration and mental sharpness. University of Cincinnati found that inhaling peppermint oil increased mental accuracy. Dr. Alan Hirsch studied peppermint's ability to affect satiety, a sensation of fullness after meals.
Interesting fact: you can mix a 15 ml bottle of peppermint essential oil into a 5 gallon can of paint to dispel the fumes. Peppermint may also be used to enhance the flavor of food and water.
- Supports gastrointestinal system comfort
- Promotes healthy bowel function
- Enhances healthy gut function
- Maintains efficiency of the digestive tract
- Supports normal digestion
- May support performance during exercise
- Supports healthy respiration
Young Living's lemon oil is cold pressed from the rind of the lemon, not from the pulpy acidic juice, because the oils are in the rind itself. It is full of antioxidants beneficial to healthy immune system function. Remember, antioxidants create an unfriendly environment for free radicals that our bodies are in contact with daily. It takes 43 lemon rinds to cold press 1 bottle of lemon oil.
Since lemon oil is cold pressed from the rind it does not contain the acid that is hard on our tooth enamel. Lemon is also an important ingredient in natural cosmetics, and may be useful for cleansing the skin and reducing the appearance of wrinkles.
In his book, The Practice of Aromatherapy, Dr. Jean Valnet wrote that lemon is a tonic for supporting the nervous and sympathetic nervous system. He also stated that the essential oil of lemon acts as a liver support and is a powerful body cleanser.
- Avoid applying to skin that will be exposed to prolonged sunlight or UV light within 24 hours. Use a nontoxic sunscreen as citrus oils make the skin more photosensitive.
- Lemon oil will eliminate petrochemicals. If you've ever drunk from a plastic water bottle, you’ve been exposed to petrochemicals. Use lemon oil in glass, stainless steel, and ceramic only, because it will eat through the petrochemicals in plastic or Styrofoam.
- Supports digestive efficiency
- May improve concentration and mental acuity
- Freshens the air and eliminates odors
- Lifts the mood
- Supports lymphatic system
- Excellent source of d-limonene, believed to support a healthy immune system
A VERY valuable and sought after oil, frankincense was prized more than gold during ancient times, and only those with great wealth and abundance possessed it. It is mentioned in one of the oldest known medical records called the Ebers Papyrus (dating from sixteenth century BC). In fact, frankincense is just as versatile as lavender. The distillation process takes 2 weeks and a frankincense tree cannot be tapped into unless it is at least 40 years old. Young Living has a frankincense and myrrh tree farm in Oman.
Pub-Med.gov (the National Research Library) has thousands of studies, as research progresses, documenting the many uses of frankincense!
- Can be very supportive of emotional balance because it is high in sesquiterpenes. They act on the pineal gland, which is the gland considered the seat of emotions. Remember, research shows that inhaling the pure constituents in these oils can stimulate the olfactory receptors and activate regions in the brain’s limbic system associated with memory, emotion, and state of mind.
- Valuable ingredient in skin care products for aging and dry skin. Ancient Egyptians used it in rejuvenation face masks. Has a visual tightening effect on the skin and may benefit older, more mature skin.
- When used on a regular basis, can aid in maintaining normal cellular function.
- Diffuse to uplift the mood and enhance feelings of grounding and purpose
- Supports healthy respiratory system
This proprietary blend is made from essential oils that penetrate the skin and provide soothing properties of wintergreen, clove, helichrysum and peppermint. Many people like to apply it topically after exercise. It is supportive of the musculoskeletal system. Many people prefer to use it with a carrier, but many like its stimulating feel undiluted!
- Helichrysum has been studied by European researchers for supporting healthy circulatory system. In short supply, helichrysum is one of Young Living’s most prized essential oils.
- Wintergreen has historically been used to reduce various types of discomfort.
- Clove stimulates immune function and is known for its antioxidant properties.
- Supports the appearance of healthy skin coloration
- Apply topically after exercise
- Mix with carrier oil to complement a soothing and relaxing foot massage
This blend helps deodorize and neutralize the air. People love to diffuse its sweet refreshing scent to eliminate odors from cigarette smoke, disagreeable scents, dog and cat urine, hotel rooms, paint fumes, and odors in clothes and shoes. It contains citronella which is commonly known for repelling insects. Essential oils included in this blend are lemongrass, rosemary, lavandin, melaleuca alternifolia, myrtle, and citronella.
- Contains citronella essential oil, which is commonly used as an insect repellent.
- Add a couple of drops to your washing machine to help keep laundry fresh.
- Lemongrass has a light, citrus scent that inspires mental clarity.
- Helps support healthy respiratory function.
- Diffuse to help uplift, calm and refresh the mind
- Place on cotton balls in the house, closets, drawers or car to eliminate odors
- Apply topically to enjoy the outdoors annoyance free
Copaiba is a favorite from South America, tapped from the resin of the tree. Its scent and taste are very light, so it is an excellent choice for “sneaky oiling,” or when you want a powerful punch with a light scent. Also a favorite to add to Ningxia Red because of its unassuming flavor.
- Promotes whole-body wellness
- Can be beneficial for reducing inflammation that occurs as part of daily life or exercise
- Add a few drops to your Ningxia Red
- Add to tea or water for whole-body support
- Favorite among sneaky-oilers
An important part of your daily health routine!
This comforting blend of traditionally used herbs support healthy digestive function. The use of fennel dates back to ancient Egyptians, and many cultures have been known to chew fennel seeds after meals. Use with each meal to support your properly functioning digestive system!
- Comforting to the digestive system
- Add to a capsule, tea, or under the tongue
- Excellent as a dietary supplement while traveling abroad (with each meal)
- Use with Essentialzymes-4 for an extra punch digestive support
- Add a few drops to honey for ease in taking
The Thieves essential oil blend was inspired by the legend of four 15th century thieves in France who created an aromatic blend of cloves, rosemary, and other botanicals to use while robbing victims of the plague. It is formulated with pure clove, cinnamon bark, rosemary, lemon, and eucalyptus radiata essential oils.
This proprietary blend is a powerful tool to defend and protect! It is highly effective in supporting the immune system and good health.
Thieves essential oil blend can be found in many of Young Living’s most popular products and is a safe, natural alternative to harsh chemicals and cleaners. There is a whole line of Thieves products including oral care, hand wash, and a household cleaner that you can use to clean nearly everything in your home (fruit and veggies, dogs, counters, windows, mirrors, toilets)! Its concentrated formula also makes it very economical.
- Supports a healthy immune system
- A favorite for cleaning surfaces in every room
- Take a few drops daily to contribute to overall wellness
- Contains Eucalyptus Radiata, which may help maintain healthy respiratory function
- Add to food or drink to enhance flavor
- Thieves products have been university tested and are highly effective, non-toxic, eco-friendly, and biodegradable
- Thieves products are safe for use around children and pets; now your kids can help you clean!
- Freshens and purifies the air
RC a comforting blend of several varieties of eucalyptus, peppermint and myrtle. Most people choose to apply this blend over chest and back for its comforting feel and inhaled benefit. The scent is uplifting, invigorating, and fresh.
- Diffuse for a comforting aroma
- Great to make a chest rub for chest and back
- Apply to feet for and extra boost
- Use in a diffuser necklace to carry the aroma with you
- A favorite to use for comfort before and after exercise
- Makes a great bath salt
Stress away - BONUS!
This blend has a tropical, exotic aroma. It is the perfect natural solution to combat normal stresses that creep into everyday life. This unique blend of vanilla, lime, copaiba, cedarwood, ocotea, and lavender makes relieving daily tension convenient and easy. Stress Away is an important part of your daily health regimen!
- Diffuse or apply to feet for restful sleep
- Apply to shoulders or neck for stress and tension
- Reduce mental rigidity
- Restore the body's equilibrium
- Promotes wellness
- Dissipates nervousness
NINGXIA RED - BONUS!
With each Young Living Starter Kit, you receive 2 sample packets of Ningxia Red, a wholefood beverage supercharged with antioxidants. It contains Ningxia wolfberry puree, which is the food with the highest antioxidant content in the world!
- Drink daily for nutritional supplementation
- Immune support
- Energize the body
- Supports normal cellular function
- Ningxia berries prized for centuries for their health promoting benefits
- Helps prevent oxidative stress (antioxidant)
- Fortify and revitalize
- Cleansing and detoxification
- Weight management
- Supports healthy cardiovascular system and vision